About the Journal
Annals of Translational Medicine
Aims and Scope
Annals of Translational Medicine (Ann Transl Med; ATM; Print ISSN 2305-5839; Online ISSN 2305-5847) is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access journal, aiming to provide multidisciplinary, comprehensive, and up-to-date information on translational medicine. The T0 to T4 model of translational research emphasizes the continuity and interaction of the various stages involved, which is consistent with the vision of ATM. Therefore, ATM’s scope will cover translational research phases from T0 to T4, including basic research, preclinical research, clinical research, clinical practice research, and health policy research. Of note, although ATM covers a wide range of research, those studies that are translational but have a focus other than the human body, medicine, or disease are not included in the scope of ATM. For more information, please refer to: https://atm.amegroups.org/article/view/118330/html.
While ATM focuses on many areas of translational medicine, there are several defining specialized sections that differentiate the aims and mission the journal:
- Global Burden of Diseases—including those with high morbidity and mortality such as cancers, cardiovascular and neurological diseases, metabolic diseases, critical and emergent diseases.
- Omics Sciences—including genomics and genetics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, medical bioinformatics, and radiomics.
- Data Sciences—including big biomedical data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and translational imaging.
- Basic and Mechanism Sciences—including physiology, unknown etiology and pathology, mechanisms of disease and behavior, immunology such as immune-oncology and vaccine development.
- Biomarkers Sciences—including disease biomarkers mining, molecular diagnosis and therapies.
- Drug and Biomaterials Screening and Development—including disease modeling and simulation platforms, biomaterials and pharmaceutical formulation, clinical pharmacology such as pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Emerging Therapeutics—such as personalized therapy, precision therapy, cell, tissue and gene therapy, immunotherapy, immune checkpoint therapy, antibody therapy, and cancer transformation therapy.
- Emerging Medical Technology Innovation and Translation—such as gene editing technology, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, RNA interference technology, medical device and diagnostic tool development, medical app, 3D printing, and mobile medicine.
- Data-Driven Clinical Practice and Policy Making—including health economics, clinical guidelines, health policy-making, and barriers to clinical practice and population adoption.
- Clinical Studies—including design, implementation, data management and analysis of case reports, observational studies, and phases 1–4 clinical trials.
ATM was published quarterly (April 2013 to December 2013), monthly (January 2014 to February 2015), biweekly (March 2015 to April 2023) and bimonthly (April 2023 onwards).
ATM also features a distinguished editorial board, which brings together a team of highly experienced specialists in translational medicine. The diverse experience of the board members allows our editorial panel to lend their expertise to a broad spectrum of translational medicine subjects. The entire submission and review process are managed through OJS system, an easy-to-use electronic system that ensures a rapid turnaround of manuscripts submitted for publication. ATM has been indexed by PubMed/PubMed Central since Sept 2014 and Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) between March 2, 2018 and April 14, 2023.
Indexing and Archiving
Annals of Translational Medicine is indexed and covered by
- PubMed Central (PMC)
- Google Scholar
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
Date of acceptance: March 2, 2018
Date of final decision on discontinued coverage: April 14, 2023
Information for Authors
ATM is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and it follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines and the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- In-house review: 1-3 weeks
- External peer review: 1-3 months
- Publication Ahead of Print: within 1 month after being accepted
- Formal publication: within 1-3 months after being accepted. Original Articles are listed as priority.
ATM is the Official Publication of:
- Society for Translational Medicine (STM), Hong Kong
Annals of Translational Medicine is endorsed by the Ming-Yi Medical Charity Foundation of Guangdong Province, the international Inspire2Live Patient Advocates organization, the Brazilian Society of Thoracic Surgery(SBCT) and the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group.
Open Access Statement
This journal is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
The full details of the license are available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to ATM, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of ATM articles, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For reprint order, please contact: email@example.com
ATM is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on November 20, 2023